Books For Kids
by Ann W
Since Ann Z and I are both librarians, our site wouldn’t be complete without a list of books. This particular list is children’s books that feature glasses as a subject, or characters in them wearing glasses. And if you have an older child like mine, don’t forget to point out that Harry Potter wears glasses . . . I believe Franklin felt an instant connection to this character through his glasses, even though he’s never seen the movies! This list is by no means complete; if you have other book suggestions, please let us know!
Follow the links to find nearby libraries that stock the book, or to order the book from Amazon.com.
Reviewed Books: Amomofelly began reviewing books for Little Four Eyes, and others have stepped in to help review books, too. Each list has reviewed books at the top of the list, with links to our reviews. If you are ever interested in writing a book review of any of these (or any other book that you think would fit here), please let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org). We are not paid for our revieweds
Contents of this page
- Books about wearing or getting glasses
- Books about patching
- Books with characters that wear glasses, though they aren’t specifically about wearing glasses
Books about wearing or getting glasses:
- I See, You See, We ALL See! by Allison Joyce and Don McClain – Read the review
- Jack Wears a Contact Lens and Glasses … Just Like You! by Juliette Vignola – Read the review.
- The Princess Who Wore Glasses by Laura Hertzfeld Katz – Read the review.
- Arlo Needs Glasses by Barney Saltzberg - Read the review.
- Pearl and Wagner: Four Eyes by Kate McMullan - Read the review.
- Princesses Wear Glasses by Kristin Ellsworth - Read the review.
- Princess Peepers by Pam Calvert and Tuesday Mourning - Read the review.
- I Wish I Had Glasses Like Rosa by Kathryn Heling - Read the review.
- What Can Pinky See by Lucy Cousins- Read the review.
- Randy Kazandy, where are your glasses? by Rhonda Fischer - Read the review.
- Fancy Nancy: Spectacular Spectacles (I Can Read Book 1) by Jane O’Connor- Read the review.
Not yet reviewed:
- Glasses: a board book by Ann Zawistoski photos by Heide Woodworth
- Princess Peepers Picks a Pet by Pam Calvert and Tuesday Mourning
- Hazel Needs Glasses by Jane Hutchinson
- Don’t I look smart? by Meredith & Joshua Braunstein
- Bear’s New Glasses by Martha While
- Who wears glasses? by Ana Galan
- The Eye of the Fry Cook: A Story About Getting Glasses (Spongebob Squarepants) by Erica David
- Arthur’s Eyes by Marc Brown (popular Arthur series)
- Bumposaurus by Penny McKinlay and Britta Teckentrup
- Cromwell’s Glassesby Holly Keller
- Spectacles by Ellen Raskin
- Glasses: Who Needs ‘EM? by Lane Smith
- All The Better To See You With by Margaret Wild
- Tracks by David Galef
- Arthur’s Reading Race; Glasses for DW by Marc Brown (another in the Arthur series)
- Baby Duck and the Bad Eyeglasses by Amy Hest
- Let’s Talk About Needing Glasses by Diane Shaughnessy
- Agapanthus Hum and the Eyeglasses by Joy Cowley
- Winnie Flies Again by Korkey Paul and Valerie Thomas
- Magenta Gets Glasses! by Deborah Reber (Blues Clues)
- Honey Bunny’s Honey Bear by Marilyn Sadler
- Glasses, Glasses Oh What Do I See? by Karen Smith Stair
- Luna and the Big Blur: A Story for Children Who Wear Glasses by Shirley Day
- The Good Luck Glasses by Sara London
- Blueberry EyesbyMonica Driscoll Beatty
- All Children have Different Eyes by Edie A Glaser, Maria R Burgio, and Doina Paraschiv
- The goody good glasses by John Trauscht and Michael Moore
- I Need Glasses: My Visit to the Optometrist by Virginia Dooley and Stephanie Roth
Books about patching
- My Bright Blue Glasses by Cynthia Davis and Baby Sue Acree – Read the review
- Jack Wears Glasses and a Patch … Just Like You! by Juliette Vignola – Read the review
- Jacob’s Eye Patch by Beth Kobliner Shaw and Jacob Shaw – Read the review
- Samantha Wears a Contact Lens and Patch… JUST LIKE YOU! by Juliette Vignola – Read the review
- The Pirate of Kindergarten by George Ella Lyon – (winner of the 2011 Schneider family book award) - Read the review.
- Patchland Adventures: Fishing with Grandpa by Carmen Swick – Read the review.
Not yet reviewed
- Princess Pretty Patch by Kerri Green
- My travelin’ eye by Jenny Sue Kostecki-Shaw
- The Patch by Justina Chen Headley
Books that have glasses or characters wearing glasses, even though they’re not specifically about wearing glasses:
These are books that have nothing to do with wearing glasses, but they have pictures of kids wearing glasses, or just pictures of glasses (in the case of some of the word books). I wanted to add this category because I think it’s nice to have some books that depict glasses as just a normal thing without making a big deal out of it.
- Elephant & Piggie series, by Mo Willems – read the post
- Arthur series, by Marc Brown - read the post
- Gilbert and Friends series, by Diane deGroat - read the post
- Katie Woo series, by Fran Manushkin, illustrated by Tammy Lyon - read the post
- Junie B, First Grader series, by Barbara Park - read the post
- Magic Tree House series, by Mary Pope Osborne - read the post
- Velma Gratch and the Way Cool Butterfly by Alan Madison- Read the Review.
- Eliot Jones: Midnight Superhero by Anne Cottringer – Read the Review.
Not yet reviewed
- Maggi and Milo by Juli Brenning
- My Grandma and I by P. K. Hallinan
- My Little People School Bus (a lift-the-flap playbook) by Doris Tomaselli and Carolyn Bracken
- Here are my hands by Bill Martin and John Archambault
- Toes, Ears, & Nose by Marion Bauer
- Colors by SAMi (a Flip a Face book)
- Black on White by Tana Hoban