I’m Ann Zawistoski, Head of Reference and Instruction at a small undergraduate college library, my focus is in science librarianship. My oldest daughter, Zoe, started wearing glasses at age 1. Little Four Eyes was started a few months later after I was unable to find resources specifically for parents of young children in glasses. It has expanded to cover other topics including contacts, eye patching, eye surgery, vision therapy, and other treatments for vision disorders in young children. The site also publishes guest posts from parents who want to share the story of their children vision issues.
I have written guest posts about children’s vision and collaborated with other authors who are writing about that topic.
Please feel free to contact Ann (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions, comments, or requests.
Interviews and articles about Little Four Eyes
- Does Your Toddler Need Glasses? In The Wall Street Journal. September 24, 2014.
- Great Glasses Play Day: Celebration for bespectacled kids is a beautiful sight. In Today.com Moms. May 2, 2014.
- Online Resource Review: Pediatric Strabismus and Amblyopia Resources. In RANZCO News, the Magazine of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists. Vol. 16, No 2, June/July 2013, pg 14.
“There is a large range of resources on the site about glasses and occlusion therapy and, although written by parents, the medical information contained is accurate and written with a supportive approach.”
- Toddler’s mother Ann started Little Four Eyes. In Brilleslangen. March 15, 2013. Introduction in Norwegian, interview in English.
- The Great Glasses Play Day is almost here. In Bright Eyes News. August 4, 2012.
- BlogCatalog Spotlight: Little Four Eyes. In BC Blog. October 7, 2009.
Guest Posts written by Ann Zawistoski
- Getting my one year old to wear glasses was harder on me than it was on her. In What to Expect, Word of Mom blog. August 28, 2013.
- Young children and eyeglasses. In ACLens Corporate Blog. March 4, 2013.
- How did you even know she needed glasses? Published in the Star Tribunes Cribsheet. October 27, 2008.
- 10 things parents want opticians to know about kids in glasses. By Nathan Bonilla-Warford, OD and Ann Zawistoski. In Vision Monday. September 1, 2014.
- Busting 7 myths about children’s eye care. With Kids’ Eyes Online. December 30, 2012.
Join the Little Four Eyes facebook group, for even more discussions and pictures!
Like us on facebook to see more news and posts about children’s vision.
Check out the Little Four Eyes Pinterest Board, too!