Here are some more activities to do when patching.
- Put a mobile or pictures that contrast with the ceiling and wall
- Play with bold colored blocks with patterns
- For tummy time, use a solid-colored blanket that contrasts with play toys
- Memory Game – limit the choices based on the age, we sill just do 6 cards
- Hi-Ho Cherry Oh game – I like the Target version with 4 different color fruit as we end up sorting the little fruit to their matching tree
- With Pony Beads (found at most craft stores) or Color Cheerios
- Stringing beads on a bright colored nylon thread
- Sorting by colors into muffin tins
- Putting on pipe cleaners to make a rainbow
- Picking them up from the floor after they fall =)
- Feather flying party – we had a blast throwing, blowing and trying to catch feathers
- Practice drawing or copying basic shapes using Black Felt Tip Pens
- Make a whole bunch of little circles on a piece of paper and have them put a sticker on each circle
And as always, please add what you are doing with your little ones! It sure makes the patching time go by faster when I have new activities!!!!