New book on patching, new photo gallery for kids who patch, and a huge giveaway!
Updated: Thank you to everyone that entered!! The winners, who were chosen this evening at random, are Jasmine and Kat. You both should be getting an email shortly. I’ll post links to the gallery as soon as I get it put together. (I’m closing comments on this post now).
Carmen Swick, author of “Patchland Adventures: Fishing with Grandpa” (2012 winner of the Seal of Excellence Award in the Children’s Book category), has just released her second Patchland Adventures book, “Camping at Mimi’s Ranch”. Both books follow the adventures of Preston, a boy who has amblyopia, and his dog Beau. They combine a realistic portrayal of amblyopia and the struggles involved with patching, with imaginative tales of Patchland, the place that Preston and his dog visit at bedtime when Preston sleeps with a patch under his pillow.
So we’re doing two things to help her celebrate her new book: First, we’re kicking off a new photo gallery of kids who are patching! Secondly, Carmen has teamed up with Peeps Eyewear and Patch Palz to put together a great giveaway for two lucky kids who patch. This is a fantastic giveaway package that really celebrates the positive and even fun aspects of patching and wearing glasses.
There will be two winners, each will receive:
Books 1 and 2 of Patchland Adventures!
~ and ~
A Patch Pals package!
Your choice of one of the following packs from Patch Pals to help make patching more fun!
- A Pirate Patching Package (in pink or black), includes a “Pirate in training!” t-shirt, two pirate-themed patches, and an awareness bracelet.
~~~ or ~~~
- A Princess Patching Package, includes a “Patch Princess” t-shirt, two princess-themed patches, and an awareness bracelet.
~~~ or ~~~
- A Purple Pal Z Package, includes a plush purple patch pal, a matching patch, and an awareness bracelet.
~ and ~
A dress-up kit and custom book download from Peeps Eyewear!
- The dress-up kit includes the empowering 32 page storybook “Princesses Wear Glasses,” a pink satin cape, glasses pouch and felt crown.
- The custom iPad download of the book lets you customize the story with your child’s name and hair color!
So just to sum up, the full prize includes
- 2 Patchland Adventures books,
- a Patch Pals pack,
- a dress-up kit
- an iPad download of a custom-version of the Princesses Wear Glasses book!
And we’re giving away two of them!
How to Enter:
To enter the giveaway, simply leave a comment here with your child’s favorite activity to do while patching. Make sure you enter your real email address so that we can contact you if you’ve won.
To get extra entries:
- Send me a photo of your child wearing an eye patch (firstname.lastname@example.org). This picture will be posted in our brand new patching photo gallery. Include a short blurb of information you’d like to accompany the photo, this could include your child’s name, or age, or how many months he or she has been patching.
- “Like” the Patchland Adventures page on facebook.
- “Like” the Patch Pals page on facebook.
- “Like” the Peeps Eyewear page on facebook.
If you’ve done any of these, please leave an additional comment letting me know, so that I make sure you get the extra entries.
The contest is open to everyone, no matter where you live. It will close Monday, January 28, 2013 at . Winners will be chosen by random and notified via email.