Home > glasses > Tutorial to keep Miraflex glasses from folding down your child’s ears

Tutorial to keep Miraflex glasses from folding down your child’s ears

Missy Adams created this tutorial of how she manipulates her son’s Miraflex glasses to keep them from folding down his ears.  She originally posted it on the Little Four Eyes facebook group, and I wanted to post it here as well, so it’s easy to find again.  And by special request, I’ve also made this in to a pdf that you can download and print.  Many thanks to Missy for sharing this! – Ann Z

1. This is what his Miraflex frames look like before I manipulate them.
  2. I fold them first with arm pieces slightly lower than the center of the lens.
  3. I pinch the joint on each side.
  4. I bend the arm piece in at about where his ear is going to be.
  5. This is what they look like right before I put them on his head. They don’t fold his ears down this way. He leaves them alone.

About these ads
Categories: glasses Tags:
  1. Naomi
    March 21, 2012 at 11:55 am

This is great! I kept trying to figure out what to do and was worried the glasses would make his ears stick out long term. Thanks so much!

• Missy
      March 21, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Hope it works for him!

2. March 21, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Yay Missy! I’ve already learned so much from you. ;)

• Missy
      March 21, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Well hello, Amanda, fancy meeting you here! ;)

3. Alisa
    March 21, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Thanks so much for this! My 19-month-old has only had her glasses for two weeks now and I’ve been worried about her ears because the glasses push them down so much.

• Missy
      March 21, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Hope it does work! I am not sure it will work on others, but it does work for my little man.

4. Missy
    March 21, 2012 at 10:06 pm

I think it can make their little ears stay that way because the ear is still growing.

5. Alayna
    June 2, 2012 at 2:49 am

Have you tried warming the glasses before bending them and then putting them in cold water after you bend them? With our second pair of Miraflex, we got a little slip of paper saying that you should get them warm, adjust, then run under cold water??? Anyone tried that?

6. Kirsten
    December 5, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Hi there. Has anyone asked a doctor if it can make their ears stick out permanently? My son has been wearing the strap that slides all the way up the frames and goes above his ear, so his ears really stick out. He has been wearing his glasses this way for about 4 months and someone asked me if I was worried about that…I wasn’t until they asked me and now I am worried about it. He doesn’t wear glasses like these in the picture, just normal wire frame kids glasses, so I don’t think I can adjust them this way. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had actually asked a doctor about it. Thank you.

7. monica
    January 23, 2014 at 7:50 pm

does anyone know if Mira flex glasses are customizable. I want to have someone draw Spiderman or some kind of super hero so my son will like them? Does anyone know if that is possible? Does anyone know of someone that can draw on the glasses?

1. No trackbacks yet.